Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What Was In The Mail

Since my return from my trip, I have been running around trying to get myself together.  I have been so lazy, all I have been doing is siting in front of the t.v., then tried to wash clothes and I finally looked through the mail and was surprised with a package I forgot was coming.

SAM_1270

I won this 42 charm square package by Sweetwater for moda called Hometown from Mocha Wild Child.  Thank you for this wonderful prize along with the iron-on appliques mirrors.

 

 

I also got a reply from KatieQ from Salt Marsh Path and I will be mailing her prize tomorrow.  I was to mail it today, put forgot it running out of the house to work, since I haven’t been to work in over a week, I forgot I had to comeback.

Tom’s father is home, he did not want the surgery.  There was no guarantees of making it through the surgery with his age and if things get bad, he wants to be home with his wife and children.  Please keep him in your prayers.

I am working on my Quilting Bee’s newsletter that needs to get out before the Saturday meeting and I have been working on it at work.  I do not think I will get back to the sewing room until next week, put looking forward to finishing my bags.  I also need to catch-up on my blog reading, I know I am missing some giveaway or blog hopping event.

So until I blog again

The Slow Quilter

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get back in the swing of things....

    wonderful mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mirror appliques sound cool. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.
    I'll keep Tom's father and his family in my prayers. It takes courage to make a decision like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky You! Congratulations! Love charm packs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you got some cool stuff! I love getting packages in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I will keep you, Tom and the family in thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete