Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety-Jig

Yes I am home, I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ, I wanted to click my heels 3 time, close my eyes and say “There is no place like home”.  I must say that Detroit is so far not my favorite place to visit. Here are a few pictures I took while I was there.

SAM_1261

553854_4412601956197_1688927677_n

Marvin Gay on the side of the Motown Museum, and a evening picture of the hotel from the River Walk. SAM_1266SAM_1268

The pictures above I took on the bus on the way to the airport.  The one on the left in a ring in a park, and the one on the right is the largest tire in the world (that is what the bus drive said).

Below are pictures from inside the airport.  Good by Detroit, it was a nice visit, put I am glad to be home. and back with my cats, family, friends, and sewing machine.

SAM_1223SAM_1224

On the downside of my return, Tom’s father was hospitalized last night with a aneurysm in his head.  He is 89 years old and not in the best of health, the doctors suggest as surgery that could contain the aneurysm, but there is a risk that he might not make it.  He wants to go home to died, his wife wants him to have it.  Tom is at the hospital now, and I am waiting for him to call me to pick him up.  It is the first time I have seen him cry.  He is so close to his parents and he was always there for me and my family when my mother and grandmother passed.  It is so hard sometimes in these situations to comfort that person that might suffer a lost.  But I will be with him to give him what comfort he will need to see his father through.

One a last note before I sign off, tomorrow is the day I will select the winner of the Red, White and Blue blog hop.  Some lucky winner will win this lovely fabric with its own security guard to accompany it.

SAM_1217

Since my cats do not seem to want to pick the name for it, I will be using the random number generator.  I will have the winner by my next post tomorrow evening.  So look out for your name.

 

 

Until tomorrow

The Slow Quilter

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Know how you feel and condolensces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you made it home safe and sound. But I am sorry to hear about Tom's father. I know that it is a hard decision for everyone to make. Whatever y'all deside, I will be praying for him and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking care of family is precious especially at this sacred time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayer to those in need. Having grown up near "the motor city", I'm not a huge fan. But it made some darn awesome music back in the day! For that I'm thankful!

    ReplyDelete