Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I’m Back and Ready to Sew

Yes, my friends I am back and feeling great, what can I say about the miracle of medicine.  The drugs worked and I am feeling as good as new.  Now is the time to get back in the sewing room, or should I say bed room and get to sewing.

Well it is a new month, and the BOM at Craftsy is English Paper Piecing, like I really need to be doing that when I am like 3 NYB foundation piecing behind.  while I was at work today, I cut out my hexagons (yah, it was a slow day) so I only had to look through my scraps for fabrics.  I picked out some of my African fabrics I have a lot of charm squares so I used that along with some other scraps I had.

SAM_0780SAM_0781

SAM_0782I am going on a bus trip tomorrow to PA to the Sight & Sound Theater to see Jonah.  I think this will be a great project to take with me to work on.   I am not a fan of this English Paper Piecing, put it is a good thing to learn.  I have already started to do some.

 

April will be very buzzy for me, since we are into to the Easter Holiday.  I must say Palm Sunday was great at church, and we have a lot of programs coming up this week.  On Friday my Scholarship Minister will be having a program the Last Seven Words, then Saturday, the Music Ministry will be practicing for the Easter Cantata, and Sunday I will have to be at church by 6:30.  No time to sew then, most likely I will be falling to sleep in the pulpit while trying to sing.

I also went to see the Hunger Games today.  I must say if I had not read the book, I would not have know what the hell was going on in the movie.  I mean really any of you who have read the book and gone to see the movie, don’t you think if you did not know the charters there personalities and what all the in between the lines that was cut out of the movie know anything about it.  They highlighted the good parts of the book, but I do think they need something else to it.  I please the close ups was a little to much.  I will have to give it 2-1/2 stars.

So until tomorrow

The Slow Quilter

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the medicine is working.
    I saw Hunger Games Saturday. The shaking camera action made me motion sick. After the movie I had to answer numerous questions about what happened and why as many in our little group had not read the book. We thought it was a good movie, it held our attention. But we agreed it was troubling to watch children killing children.
    I'm almost through reading the second book, Catching Fire. It's difficult to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad you're feeling great! I'm so behind on a few projects. I need to get cracking on them.

    ReplyDelete