Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

HAPPY EASTER

Oh yes, people Easter is here and so am I.  Sorry it has been a busy week and my computer was being held hostage by Tom to do the family taxies.
When  I last posted, I told you I was going on a bus trip to see Jonah at the Sight & Sound Theater in Lancaster County, PA.  If you have never gone to this theater, you should, it was a great live show and it does make the Bible come to life.  See the trailer below.  After the show we went to a smorgasbord restaurant to eat.  The food was very good.
Jonah Trailer
During the ride up there, I worked on my BOM from Craftsy, English Paper Piecing which I did not think I would like to do, put it was relaxing and I enjoyed doing it.  When I got home I laid it out and sewed the pieces I did on the bus together.  I still have the other ones to do.
SAM_0783SAM_0784
I have been a bit tired this week, so I did not do any sewing just went to bed and it has been a most restless one.  I have been falling to sleep at my computer at work.  Craftsy was having a sale on their on-line classes and since I had a few dollars I signed up for two of them.  One on quilting large quilts and another on paper piecing.  I just ran through them while I was at work, put since I can watch them at anytime it is good to have.

Last night (Friday) after I got off from work, I went to a program at church on the Last Seven Words.  It was most healing of the sprit.  I did have to leave after the six word since it was like after 9:00 and my mother needed to get home to get my fathers dinner ready since he gets home around 10:00.  I was falling a sleep anyway during the 5th word.

This morning (Saturday) I went to church for choir rehearsal for the Easter Cantata “The Christ, The Cross, The Crown”.  I will have to be at church by 6:15 in the morning the program starts at 7:00.  After that they will feed us breakfast and then I will also sing in the choir for the 11:00 service.  I know I will most likely fall to sleep during the sermon, put hopefully I will not snore.  I might have to call into work on Monday and work from home.

My all time favorite movie is on tonight The Ten Commandments.  Boy oh boy, I just love to see Yul Brynner’s legs,  I love his legs even in the King and I he has great legs not a bad chest either.  I must not forget Charlton Heston – Moses!  Moses!  Ah Easter, how I love thee my Lord.
And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strewed them in the way.  And the multitudes that went before, and that followed cried saying Hosanna to the son of David:  Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest”.  (Mathew 21:8-9)

Well Moses has gone up to the mounting to see the burning bush and so he will go into Egypt to set his people free.  So shell I set you free from this blog.

So let it be written,  So let it be done
The Slow Quilter

2 comments:

  1. I watched the Ten Commandments too. As usual, it was wonderful. Glad to hear you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter. Yes. So many wonderful Easter movies. I was flipping through the channels last night, looking for an Easter movie, when I came upon the Preacher's Wife. I know it's a Christmas movie. But when it's on, I have to watch it. This time, even more so. We lost a lovely lady and a beautiful voice last month. I'm glad we have this movie to watch and remember her.

    ReplyDelete