Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do I Feel Lucky?

In the words of Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) –you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? Yes Harry, I do feel lucky.  I have had the luck of the Irish this week. 


SAM_0717I won this lovely set of fat quarters from Char at Cloth  Stitched http://clothstitched.blogspot.com/ .  She even sent me a handmade finger pincushion .  It came in the mail today.  The colors are gold and gray and is the newest line by Denyse Schmidt, Aunt Edna which I think can be purchased at Joann.  Thank you Char.




SAM_0718

If was the first meeting of the year for my quilt guild, UHURU. We had a lot going on, and this is what I won for a door prize, name picket out of a box. So I am very lucky.




We had visitors from Faithful Circle Quilters www.faithfulcirclequilters.com, Nancy Meier and Carol Roberts, who stop by to sell raffle tickets for this lovely quilt “Stars in Bloom.  This quilt will be featured on NQA’s home page (on line) in April.  Is this not a great quilt, look at the quilting.  It was quilted by Maria O’Haver.

SAM_0711SAM_0714
SAM_0712
Look at the detail quilting on this.  I am sure if you want to get a ticket for this quilt that you can contact Faithful Circle Quilters on their web sit.  The drawing will be held on April 28, 2012.  They will also have a quilt show called Whimsy, Opulence & Wonder April 26-28, 2012 from 10:00-8:00 at the First Presbyterian Church of Howard County, 9325 Presbyterian Circle, Columbia, MD 21045.  So if you have time please stop by and get a raffle ticket.  I already got my 6, I feel Lucky.


We also had a workshop demo -  by Charlie Fogg on Fracture Quilts from the book Fabulous Fractures by Brenda Esslinger.  It was a great demo, but I feel you will have to have a lot of concentration when do this fracturing.  And this is why we also have so many UFOs, we also stopping what we doing to try new things.  This is already on my list to do as soon as I get the book.

SAM_0709SAM_0708

We also had a show-n-tell, put I was not able to take pictures because I was the MC.  O.K. that should not have stopped me, I just forgot to take pictures, maybe next time.

SAM_0710

We will also be doing a block of the month.  I know you can not see this clearly, but it is from American Patchwork & Quilting, December 2009 issue Illusion in Neutrals.




This block is also demo on YouTube where you can find just about anything on quilting, call Magic Squares.

Magic Squares

I like to also thank all of my friends and quilters who say that they enjoy my blog, and I hope that I can bring you info, laughter and anything else I can think of.

So Do You Feel Lucky?
The Slow Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you are one lucky duck! I like your photos of the Faithful Circle quilt, I didn't think to take any closeups of that trapunto, it was simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been lucky. Have fun with your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for helping us get the word out about our quilt show. It's very generous of you. This is my first visit to your blog, but it won't be my last!

    ReplyDelete