Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back in the Sewing Room

I am back in the sewing room today.  I have join the BOM at http://www.craftsy.com.  It is a great BOM with video instructions and course printouts. I have already completed my January/February blocks.  you can not move ahead to March until March, which is good for me.  It will give me time to hit more of my UFOs, UFQs, flimsies or what every I need to do.  (My grandson has been asking me to sew up a couple of his pants that have splits in the sits.)

SAM_0667SAM_0668 

The first two blocks are the January BOM they are Asterisk and the Wonky Pound Sign.  My Wonky block is not right, I don’t think the lines should cross, also I am not liking the yellow batik.  I think I will do that block over.    The bottom two blocks are the Balkan Puzzle and the Chunky Chevron block.  I am really loving that lime green.  My Chunky Chevron has been pieced, but I have not sewed the rows together.  (Note:  I think that using a scant 1/4” seam on these blocks is best to get you a true 12-1/2 square.)  I will give you may views on the scant 1/4” seam tomorrow.  My sewing machine started to act up, thread getting stuck in the feed-dogs.  I am luck I used a pig to start off the sewing or I would have chewed up my block.  Since it was late, I thought I wait until tomorrow to see what the problem is.  If I can not get it to work I will have to use one of the other sewing machines I have.

Yes, I have like 3 or 4 sewing machines, 2 sergers, and an embroidery machine.  None of them are new models, they are old, and God, I need a new machine.  Hoping that I will win one, or my income tax check is big enough, that I can put a down payment on one.  Lord, those new machines cost you almost a car note (and I don’t have a car).

Looking for a Upgrade

The Slow Quilter

3 comments:

  1. I like your blocks, I visited the Craftsy site and they have some great stuff on there. I think the problem with the pound sign block is you turned the horizontal strip the wrong way. You're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few, I love your blocks. I don't know what's wrong with me. I am retired and quilt anytime I want to. We started the craftsy workshop together and I have not complete one block. "You Go working Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just hit me why I can't finish my projects. (1) I am so nosey, I am a blog reader. I spend most of my days reading blogs. (2) I am a quilting youtube video addict. I see new blocks and I must try to make it now. I must stop wasting my days (not really I am learning new things everyday). It is 9:13 pm I must log off and wash todays dishes. See Ya Saturday.

    ReplyDelete