Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Great British Blog Hop

great british blog hopIt is time for The Great British Blog Hop and I am really not prepared for it, put I will make do with what I have.  I am also no paper crafter so you will see a quilt in the process.

I would like to thank Sunshine Girl over at Sunshine Reflections for hosting this blog hop. It's great to get to know our fellow quilters over in the UK. Since getting back from the Detroit trip, I have been a little on the lazy/sleep side of the mountain and have not had time to get anything I wanted done. For this blog hop I want to represent the U.S. with a UK swing, but since I am just working on this tonight I do not have time.

I wanted to also celebrate the UK for hosting the 2012 Olympics in cloth with Prince William and Kate and the Queen Mother. But I will have to do an UFO that I need to complete.
william and kateolympic-ringsimage

I am working on a technique by Maria Elkins –Making Faces and chose a picture of my girlfriend Tracie’s daughter Chelle (I cannot find the the picture), put I do have the printout.

SAM_1322
I outline the picture using a red pen and number the light to dark 1-4 and photo copied 4 more pictures.  I pick out my fabrics light-dark and ironed the steam-a-seam to the back of the fabric and cut out each layer that I marked. 


SAM_1323
Here is the result, as you can see I forgot to flip the picture to a mirror image, but it still came out fine.  Only thing left to do is to quilt it.  This is my first try in this and if you know Sistah Stitch A lot, you know that she also uses this technique on some of her face quilts.  I do hope to use this for a picture of Prince William and Kate also soon.
image

Here is the schedule for the Great British Blog Hop.
 August 1st
Angela

August 2nd

I hope you enjoyed my presentation, please stop by the other great blogs on this hop through Britain. Please feel free to leave a comment and to also follow me. Take some time and look through my past blogs you might just laugh your head off.

The Slow Quilter

10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that finished picture is stunning and so like the original - it will look fabulous as Will and Kate - cant wait to see it either! Thanks so much for joining us on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. V cool, v cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh sounds intriguing, look forward to seeing the finished product x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the twist you have put on this challenge. Clever clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is an amazing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the four shades technique is very effective, and i'm sure your take on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be stunning.



    dx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! What a great way to create. I'm not a quilter, so I have great respect for anyone who is!

    It was fun hopping with you

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work on the face, I have not used the 4 shades technique - but I definitely want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete