Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Found It–The Mind Is Working Overtime

 

Right after posting about the ruler I could not find, I found it.  Since I decided to organize my sewing room that night, I set down in my chair, pull over a bag that I had patterns and books to see what was in it, and there was the ruler.  Since I found the ruler, you know the organizing/cleaning of the sewing room has been put back until I can’t find something else.

SAM_2395

And you know what else happen, after finding the darn thing, I realized I did not have enough of the fabric from the blocks to do this fantastic boarder I wanted to do.  The Quilt God is just look down on me and laughing.  I do have enough of the fabric to do a regular boarder, so that is what I will do, but that will have to wait another week or two because of something that has come up.

My church is having a Women’s Day next Saturday and the Trustee called me to say they will be having vendors and wanted me to vend.  Well yah, o.k., but I have nothing to vend.  So I have called in some of my quilting friends to see if they had anything to sell and might have one person.  So if you do not hear from me, I am crashing on making purses and things this weekend and running in from work to work on stuff also.  Tom has Mother’s Day baskets and other baskets that I can setup and I will take orders for anything else I might have.

Are you wondering about what ruler I have been going on about?  Well, I will let you keep wondering about that ruler until I make something with it.

When I started this Tumbling Block, it was just a test piece, so it did not matter that I had the yardage, but just enough to make the block.  What I have learned from this experience is that the salvage information on the fabric is important.  I could look on the salvage find the maker and name of the fabric, put I did not have enough of it to find the red fabric, put I did find on-line the white/black fabric.  You have stuff in your stash that you might have had for years and cannot remember where you got it from.  I think I might have gotten the red from my girlfriends shop, put not sure.  I will start saving the salvages or cut a swatch and write down the information on the fabric just in case I need more.  At least I will try.

So until I blog again.  The ever busy Slow Quilter

(Felicia)

4 comments:

  1. I so get that as the flowered block exchange blocks I was working on were 2 years old. I had to go online, and through a process of elimination I was lucky enough to find it.

    I know your blocks will turn out beautiful with whatever border you decide.

    Hope the sewing for church goes well and proves successful! Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your blocks look! I'm sure you'll be very busy coming up with things to "vend." Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tumblers! Sending you lots of supportive wishes that you will get lots of goodies to vend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found your ruler. And best wishes for this busy time coming up.

    ReplyDelete