Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Bias Tape–A Wonder

 

SAM_2536

I know that most of you out there have used bias tape for sewing, especially if you were/are a garment sewer.  Well I have not really used it for anything.

As I mention on my last post, I was making pillow case dresses for a lady who will be going to Haiti in August.  I have never made one so I looked it up on YouTube (what can you not find on YouTube).  Where you cut out the arms, most of the videos have you folding under the arm curve.  Well I am a terrible folder especially around curves, this was making me very frustrated.  Then I saw a video using double fold bias tape.  My world has open up to using this tape for many a project.  I would never use it for a quilt, but for mini projects like mug rugs would be great to use it for.

This is what the bias tape look like.

SAM_2537

Here are two of the dress I made.  Not great photo’s , I don’t have any little girls to try them on and not the right hanger.  I am just lazy.

SAM_2538SAM_2541 

I used fabric that I had in my stash, you only need about 1/2 yard or use a pillow case.  I will have some better pictures this weekend, because some of the girls in the Bee also made some from pillow cases.  Can’t wait to see how they turned out.  I even use a French seam.  I have used this seam only once when making a pillow case, put now I really understand how to use it.  An old dog learning a old sewing technique.

Happy Quilting

The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

3 comments:

  1. These are very cute and look forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is perfect, you will make someone very very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! I used to use French seams on everything when I was sewing clothing.

    ReplyDelete