Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Where The Hell Is It?!!!

I thought to do a little sewing today as most of you know I have not been in my sewing room in over 4 weeks, I had the Quilter/Blogger Blues, anyway, I thought to get started on some blocks I needed to do, and wanted to do this pattern I saw in one of my quilt magazines.  I just knew I saw it in a Fons & Porter Mag, put could not find it.  I looked in every magazine holder I have and I have like around 20 or so.

SAM_1578SAM_1579SAM_1580

After not being able to find the damn thing, and I know I have it, I went to my bed room and pulled all the magazines I have up there. No Luck,  so went back down, and started to look through each magazine in the boxes.  During this little workout, I pulled out a couple of magazines (not the ones up top), that I might use.  Around the 4th box, I found what I was looking for, and it was not a Fons & Porter but a Quiltmakers magazine.   Well duh.  I think it is time for me to go through all these magazines and pull out the patterns I would like to do in the far off future and put them in a binder.

Now I am all set up a ready to get sewing.  As I was sewing my block together, I made a mistake and needed to rip out the seam.  Where the hell is the seam ripper?  I have about 5 or 6 of those damn things, and I could not find one anywhere.  Did I tell you during my absence from my sewing room that Tom had cleaned my room.  Yah, that is what I said to myself.  No telling were he has but my stuff.  After looking in every nook and draw in the sewing room and then on my cutting table (that looks like it was ramshackle to a inch of its life), I run up stairs and found one in cup on my nightstand, don’t even ask why it was there.

Since I was doing something with a little applique to it, and it was kind of hard to use pins, I thought to use some fabric glue.  Where the hell is it?  Now, this is the straw that breaks the camels back.  It is now time to put things to order in the sewing room.  I am off work tomorrow, so after I finish the blocks I am working on, hopefully I will have time to get organized again.

Have you been having a Where the hell is it moment?  If you have tell me about it. 

The Slow Quilter

4 comments:

  1. Gurl, I have those daily as i feel like I'm losing my mind! Who would have thought that the change of life leads to losing stuff... I have been without a camera for about three months. I've been without an insurance card for about one month. Mind you, I've been frantically looking for both.

    Yep, right under the sofa cushion (which reminds me, I need to take a vacuum to that! LOL!).

    Losing things is just a way of life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a hard time finding things lately. I just finished cleaning out my moms FARM. She was the last one to keep 5 generations of stuff. Not good stuff, just stuff. My sis and I took all her material and split it up between us,and now I can't find anything. I am purging like crazy so my kids will quit calling me a horder. LOL The granddaughter(the 11 year old crafter) doesn't help. She "forgets" to put things back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have those moments after I clean! I seem to be able to find just what I'm looking for when my sewing room is a darn mess. But straighten it out, I can't find a thing! Moral of the story is, don't clean!! Your story made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those moments everyday, because I am a sissor nut, I have to have some in every room, I cant function without sissors and I swear, I put them back, but somehow they end up in the kitchen draw.. I think my they walk there. My husband does the dishes so he must do it. And my reading glasses,,, I was lucky when my kids lived at home, I never had sissors but they always knew where my glasses were. LOl, thanks for visiting my blog simple sew. it was nice looking around your blog ..

    ReplyDelete