I almost did not post tonight, when I got home the power was out. We had a big storm come through D.C. and surrounding areas. I just got into bed with a nightlight and my kindle, and low and behold the lights came back on. The internet was working, and all was right with the world. I ran downstairs, open the box to see what was in it and look what I found.
The Batiks were tempting, put I have a lot of that, so was the children fabrics, put I also have enough. So this is what I took out of the box.
I know it is not much, put I really could use some pins and the charm package was right up my alley.
Below is what I am putting in the box, I think it needed a little ethnic flavor to it.
Three half yard fabrics of African fabric, pattern and bobbin holders. I think this is equal to what I took out and I might just add another fabric, just to keep your interested.
Now for the rules.
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
GUIDELINES:The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
You will have until Sunday Sept. 23 to leave a comment and I will have Mr. Random Counter pick the next person to receive the Traveling Stash Box. I will announce the winner on Monday. So don’t forget to leave a comment. Make sure I am able to reach you.
The Slow Quilter