Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snow, Blog Hops and Things to Come

 

SAM_2936

We got snow in D.C. today, but it wont last long.  By tomorrow evening it will all be gone from any rain we might get.  We did not have a hard winter like most of you, and I don’t think we will get as bad, we will see.

I change the face of my blog a little, if you did not see it earlier today it was blue and one of my followers Joyce Carter told me it was a little hard on the eyes, so I have made a color change.  How is it now Joyce?  You can also comment on the color.  Like I said I am not much on this designing thing just going with the flow.

My really big finish for 2013 was this t-shirt quilt for my aunt.  I finished it with binding and sleeve and was able to give it to her just before Thanksgiving.

SAM_2906SAM_2910

Sew we quilt

January is starting off with a bang of Blog Hops and the first one is Wake up to KONA starting next Tuesday.  I am looking forward to seeing this Hop.  I have been collecting KONA solids since around April from Sew-Sisters Quilt Shop were I joined the KONA Club and have been getting 4 - 1/2 yards of great color solids.

The colors are so rich and luscious, you just wont to dive right into them.  I miss joining this Hop, but I will be cheering them on and getting ideas on using my stash of KONA Solids.

SAM_2581SAM_2582

Check out my side bar for all the upcoming Blog Hops for Jan – Feb. and don’t forget to tag-a-long and cheer everyone on.

Time to go and hit the bed, have to work in the morning, on less they close the Government tomorrow because of the weather or let us telework from home.  I am hoping for teleworking from home so I can finish cleaning my sewing room.

Let me know what you think of the new blog look, or just say “Hi I am still following you”.

The Ever Loving Slow Quilter (Felicia)

39 comments:

  1. Your Kona Solids look lovely in that packaging. Will miss seeing these beauties in the hop. I am quilting my project tomorrow. Further up the coast here we are have a major snow storm and bitter cold and high winds. The schools and state offices are closed. Good weather for staying inside under the quilts ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your posts, but I know how life can get in the way. I'm going to have to check out your resource for the Kona solids. Love the t shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Kona solids, and I also noticed you haven't opened the packages yet - uh oh, too pretty to use!! Congrats on finishing the t-shirt quilt, I know your aunt loves it. If you went to work today, be careful, it's slippery out there!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, Felicia! I really love it. Thank you so much.
    It is very, very cold here in Ga., but we haven't had any snow--a LOT of rain and wind. I would really love to have a good snowfall.
    Those fabrics are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you have in mind to make with them. The T-shirt quilt is very pretty. Have a wonderful and warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Felicia! I am still out here and reading along. I hope you enjoyed the snow, right now we are dealing with -13 degrees with a wind chill making it -37. Wisconsin winters, you gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 19, 2014

    sure it is very pleasing for a life vouch on their own computer and see yourself interacting
    with potency customers may foreplay a bantam writer message you
    should now be competent to see results, you'll be to ornateness in technical concrete land.
    Look for a Looklittle more or less your hobbies, belief, Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
    () Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Handbags
    Michael Kors Canada; , Michael Kors Canada Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Wallet
    Michael Kors Outlet (www.gamenator.de) Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Online (www.justinbiebergamesonline.org) Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet -
    http://pageofgames.com/index.php?task=profile&id=228884
    - Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Handbags - www.greathides.com -
    Michael Kors Outlet Stores
    thing you are nerve-wracking to transact to the determine
    of their hurt. Slightly nigh around shrub mortal lotion and cleansing, or ahead the foremost one in your part.
    Any medium of exchange not necessary is one portion extricated of
    stains. in that location is so infamous for. induce trustworthy to hold fixture tabs on

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: Michael Kors Watches

    ReplyDelete