Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Feeling Better

I am feeling much better and will be back to work tomorrow.  The weather here in D.C. has been in the 70’s and every one is coming out of their winter wear.  I am not sure I am ready for short sleeves or no sleeve tops yet with me getting over this cold, but do not want to be over heated either, so I will have to look through my closet to see if I have anything in between.  My summer wear is packed up, and I just do not feel up to pulling anything out yet.

During the time I was sick, I could look out my window and see the lovely tree across the street with its pink and white blossoms, even the cats like to jump into the window, this is Ms. Jay my stepsons cat who is always in the window.  The cat on the bed is Louie, he has been keeping me  company during my illness.  This is the first picture of Louie that I did not get his eyes shining.

SAM_0746SAM_0747SAM_0748

Louie was never that affectionate like he is now, but since my girl Marci pasted in November, he is always around me looking for his rub.  Marci use to lick him all the time or should I say groom him.  Jay is not a groomer and I don’t think he likes her.

 

Now that I am feeling better it is time for the next NYB block and I have to look through my fabric to see what I want to use now.  As you have seen I have used some popping colors, so I might tone it down.  I said I might, we will see when I get home from work tomorrow and take the time to look through all my fabric.

I did get out today to finally buy food for the house, I also got my eyebrows arched.  If the weather is warm tomorrow I might get a pedicure.  It was taco night and everyone likes tacos around here.  I also made spinach dip to  take to work.  I do not plan to cook tomorrow they are on their own including the baby. 

So off I go to shower and find something to wear tomorrow to work and maybe I might even do a little reading tonight.  I started Catching Fire but  while I was sick, could not get into reading.  I need something to put me to sleep early.

So until tomorrow my dear friends.

The Slow Quilter

1 comment:

  1. Spinach dip... yum! Now you have me craving some. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete