Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Successful R&W, Too Exhibit

The Red & White, Too Exhibit reception was a glorious success.  There were over 100 attendees, from as far as Ohio, North Carolina and Richmond, VA.  This could not have been any more of a happy event for the quilters and Lady Scrapbag, Carolyn Burgess.  It was also her birthday, look at the cake that Marlene present to her.

SAM_0682SAM_0683

SAM_0689SAM_0690

Here is Shirley Royal from North Carolina by her Kimono quilt, and Adrienne, Charlene Dean and Cynthia York who also have quilts in the show.

SAM_0692SAM_0699

Here is Emma Mixon by her hand quilted umbrella quilt, and Charlene Marshall and Lady Scrapbag.

SAM_0688SAM_0698

Here is Pat King and Sandra Early from sista stitch alot blog taking a rest from the crowed.  Also Lady Scrapbags’ Aunt Bobbie and husband Lai.

There were so many people and I am sorry I could not put everyone's pictures on this blog, but if you would like to see some great layouts of the quilts, please check out this web site, http://art-enables.org/off-rhode/.

The Slow Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. I really enjoyed the reception. I heard that approx. 100 people attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures, and congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy H

    Kudos, Carolyn. Great quilts, great quilters, great show.

    ReplyDelete