Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

UFO Finish–New Beginnings

Hi You All.  Have you missed me?  After working on Blog Hop projects for the last 3 months, I had to get my creative mind together to see what I would work on next.  I started off this New Year with trying to complete project that were on the shelf (UFOs, Flimsies, and working with books and tools I have brought and never used.

So I finally got off my lazy but and grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on, my first every T-shirt project.   

SAM_2378

I cut these T-shirts out last year sometime for my Aunt who saved her T-shirts from her travels.  She love the colors of blues and greens and I found this fabric for all places Wal-mart.  As you can see, Ms. Jay had to have a closer look at it to give it her paw of approval.  I only need to decide on a backing and off it will go to the quilter.  I hoping for may in the next two weeks.

Since I have been home with a cold (my excuse for not going to work), I wanted to try doing a Tumbling Block quilt.  I have always loved the look of this block and had brought a book by Marci L. Baker “Not Your Grandmother’s Tumbling Blocks.  Well as every thing else that I buy, it has been sitting around for the last 2 or three years, I keep looking at it but never could get my color pallet together for it.  I am definitely color challenged.  Then last year I brought another book of hers call the ABC 3-D, that also had 3-D Tumbling blocks.  I lent this book out to one of my girlfriends, she never got around doing anything with it, I got it back and decided to try my hand at it.

Well, with all things there is always a tool you need to do the project right.  I realized that I had to buy a new ruler, the Clearview Triangle ruler, and not just one, either the 8”, 10” or 12”, so I brought the 8” and 12” to be on the safe side and it arrived yesterday.  Not wanting to buy more fabric, I started look through my stash for some I  would not have to think about to hard and found by LDM.

SAM_2386

Now as you can see I am coming along quite well, the only mistake, (an this is only my opinion) the red should have been on the other size, but what the hell, it works.  I am hoping for a finish by the end of the week, since I have to get over this cold and go back to work tomorrow.

I have 3 people for the Pay It Forward, your can read about it here and I will be telling you more about it tomorrow.

So Until Then

The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

7 comments:

  1. Well, yes, as a matter of fact I have missed you. I had been wondering if I had just missed some of your posts ... do not want to do that ... I'd be missing something good ... ;)

    Apparently I did miss your Stitch Me Up post and I just enjoyed your lovely embroidery projects.

    Nice t-shirt quilt. Always best to get that paw of approval.

    The tumbling blocks quilt is looking good. Looking at this sideways, the red is on the top and it pops. Can you turn the strips to change the placement of the red if you want? Just wondering. I have not used this method to make tumbling blocks.

    Good to have you back. Looking forward to your mug rug post ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Felicia you're doing wonders there with that cold...lol.
    I love both of your quilts posted today. I have done several t-shirt quilts; they are fun to do. Never attempted the Tumbling Block yet...but yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are not feeling well. Love the Tumbling Block piece and I find it is the personal 'eye' on how the shading falls - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tumbling blocks look great, I look forward to seeing it finished. I didnt' know you had done so much on it, be sure to stop and rest so your "cold" gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felicia. It is wonderful to hear from you again. I HAVE missed you and have been wondering if you were alright. Sorry to hear that you have a cold, but you certainly know how to make the best of it.(LOL)
    i have always wanted to make a tumbling block quilt. Yours is going to be beautiful. I don't think it matters how you place your fabrics as long as you have a light, medium, and a dark. And yours is looking great.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been missed. I love the tumbling block quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your tumbler quilt Felicia! I've always wanted to do one of those too. Not enough time to do all we want, is there?

    ReplyDelete