Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Baby Blankets, Winner And Cup Cakes

So sorry for being MIA for a couple of days, but I have not been sewing anything, not been feeling well, but I am back on a semi-track.  I have several items that I need to work on that I cannot show you until I give it to the person I am doing it for, but when you see it you will go WOW!!

SAM_1793SAM_1794

This is The Self Binding Baby Quilt, which is soooo easy and only takes about 10 minutes or more to make.  It was demonstrated on YouTube by Jenny Doan of the Missouri Quilt Co.  I love Jenny and her quick tips and tricks in putting some block together.  I would have done two, put I cut my fabric wrong.  I think I will have to piece it together and try to do another one.  Check out the video I am sure you will love to make this blanket for your next child, grandchild or charity project.

SAM_1797SAM_1798 

This is a baby panel that I just had to add a boarder to and will only have to add the binding when I get home from work.  These two quilts will be given to St. Ann’s Infant & Maternity House here in D.C. along with others that my Wee Bee Quilter sisters have also done.

SAM_1795SAM_1796

Here is my win, from I Have A Notion the Seam-Fix.  It is a seam ripper with a rubber tip that can erase the holes (or sort of eliminate) the holes from were you have ripped out the seams.  I cannot wait to use this little item.  Not that I want to have to rip out any seams.

The other night my son brought me a cup cake (he had several kinds really) that a 13 year old enterprising young lady had made.  Let me tell you they were great, you will have to taste them to even know how good they are.  Her name is Jada Blount and her business is called Epic Cakes 101.  You just have to see the list of cup cakes that she makes.

2012-07-27_02-58-31_538_edit02012-07-27_10-28-32_629_edit0peachcobbler

Just look at them.  Don’t they make your mouth just water.  Loaded Sweet Potato, Banana Pudding and Peach Cobbler, there are other flavors that look just as good.  I had a taste of the Banana Pudding and it tasted just like it.  If you get a chance please stop pass her web site, www.EpicCakes101.com and read her story.  If you are living in the Maryland, Virginia or D.C. area she can deliver.

The Slow Quilter (Felicia Few)

1 comment:

  1. I need to wipe some drool off the keyboard. Those cupcakes sound (and look) delicious! Please stay safe with the upcoming weather, Felicia.

    ReplyDelete