Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Quilt Day At The Guild

Today was my guild meeting at UHURU Quilters Guild and what fun we had with challenges, show-n-tell, and our raffle quilt.

SAM_2329

This is a picture of our raffle quilt called “Black-eyed Susan in the Maryland Sunshine”.  When finished it will be 100”x100” and proceeds will benefit Community service and youth projects.  the drawing will be December 21, 2013.  So if you would like a ticket let me know. 

SAM_2330

Here is a closer look at the block, it is paper pieced.

 

 

 

Also, we had people show off their challenge for the month.  Doing some kind of technique they have never tried before or had wanted to try.

SAM_2332SAM_2333SAM_2331 

There is a Baltimore Album block, paper piece block and revers applique.   I missed a couple of peoples block so busy noising around, and I cannot show you my challenge just yet anyway.

SAM_2335SAM_2336SAM_2337 

Karen Clark is showing off a most beautiful Cancer quilt and she is a SURVIER.

 

 

SAM_2338SAM_2339SAM_2340

And this lovely black/white Baltimore Album quilt was made by Jackie Castellanos, she is the one holding the BA up top.

There were other quilts that I just did not get pictures of, but you get the idea of what I members can do.

image

And Linda of (Eat, Sleep, Quilt) was doing her thing with a class on her Crumble quilt.

All in all it was a full day of beautiful quilts, lovely ladies and also food.

Happy Quilters Day to All.

The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing show and tell. I always get inspired seeing other people's work.

    Sounds like you had a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces - the BA in Black/White just really is stunning. Looks and sounds like you had a great time with some great people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun! I love the raffle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing raffle quilt...thanks for the show and tell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful eye candy, Felicia. I love your guild raffle quilt--so cheerful with that wonderful shades of yellow and gold.

    ReplyDelete